Friday, March 7, 2014

Pleasant Dreams! - a poem

Source:  www.google.com
Source:  www.google.com

Birds are softly chirping in the early morn

As the sun slowly rises in the east,

Dawn ascends as the sun's rays stream into my bedroom

Engulfing me with warm sunshine.

All around the sun pours into the day,

Melting snow piles from an endless winter.

A smile dances across my face

Birds chirping means spring is near.

Oh, nasty winter snowman, slowly you melt

Disappearing into the ground

As my heart also melts, warmed by the sun

Not from the swift blizzard snow from a fore night ago,

Which left my heart cold and numbed.

My eyes close as the birds' chirping lulls me

Into a pleasant dreamland

Warm from the not too distant spring sun

Shining its warmth through my bedroom window

And into my heart.

Pleasant dreams!


Source:   www.google,com




Source:  www.google.com





Copyright (c)  2014  Suzannah Wolf Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment