Thursday, August 15, 2013

Flowers and a Monet painting

Claude Monet's own garden at Giverney


Nature is so soothing to the soul that I find myself out in nature as much as I can.  To walk through fields of wild flowers or to visit botanical gardens and to be engulfed in the lushness of flowers is just about the best activity in the world for me.

I have enjoyed the beauty of flowers ever since I had to make a wildflower collection for my high school biology class.  My interest in flowers was inspired by that project and I have had a love of flowers all my life.  

Flowers and their delicacy are amazing to me, yet they have a strength to maintain themselves outside in nature.  Each petal, leaf and stem is so interesting to examine and explore.

The artist that I have always felt captured the beauty and delicacy of flowers the best is the French impressionist painter, Claude Monet.  Naturally, living in southern France, he was able to capture the exquisite beauty of flowers. Here is one of his lovely paintings of a flower garden.   In the bleak, snowy, gray days of winter, I only have to look at this or one of his other garden paintings to be whisked back to southern France and smell the fragrance of the flowers.

Flowers are beautiful, but to be able to capture their beauty on a canvas is a talent beyond compare.  Claude Monet' talent does this.  

I hope you enjoy this painting, by Monet, as much as I do.  


Copyright (c)  2013  Suzannah W. Walker  all rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment