Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Island Musings - a poem



U.S. Virgin Islands


There is something romantic about the islands

The crystal clear water lapping gently onto the shore

The lazy, laid-back lifestyle; no hurry; manana; tomorrow

The sun shining in the azur sky; each day a beauty to behold

The flower blossoms so fragrant and colorful grace the landscape

A blossom placed behind the ear, frames a lovely face beaming in the sun

Hands held close on an endless walk along the beach

Looking into eyes reflecting the warm waters of the sea

A long, lingering kiss . . .



Copyright (c)  2013   Suzannah Wolf Walker   all rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. Hey Suzette: Just found this ....I am going the blog route also...I still miss Naples sometimes..Good luck with all your pursuits..Check out my blog also..and I will help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey: Thanks so much and I'm glad you stopped by. I will check out yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. carol: Glad you stopped by. I'm putting all my poetry on this blog now. HP is not friendly to poetry. I will check out your blog and thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete