Monday, November 4, 2013

When dreams turn black and white - a poem


Source: www.google.com

When dreams turn black and white . . . . .



Lost .

Copyright (c) 2013 Suzannah Wolf Walker all rights reserved


Source: www.google.com
Source: www.google.com
Source: www.google.com
Pin It
See all 5 photos
Source: www.google.com
 Last updated on May 30, 2013
Useful {3} • Funny  • Awesome {8} • Beautiful {5} • Interesting {4}

Comments 29 comments

Faith Reaper profile image
Faith Reaper 5 months ago from southern USALevel 8 Commenter
Wow, suzette, this was amazing and unique! This is what they mean by "the less words the better"!!! The imagery is awesome too, especially in black and white, which is always so dramatic.
Vote up ++++ and sharing
God bless, Faith Reaper
Status: Approved.
 ip: 75.120.238.27
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Faith: It is so good to get your positive comments on this. I didn't know how it would be received. I started writing a poem about dreams turning black and white and suddenly I thought well there is nothing much to say so I went with it. Thanks so much for your input as it is most appreciated.
Yea, Faith. I see you are using your new avatar. Love it!
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.165
Faith Reaper profile image
Faith Reaper 5 months ago from southern USALevel 8 Commenter
Yes, lol, I will switch it out from time-to-time with the old one. My eyes are actually hazel and not brown, but I know it was hard to tell from my photo I sent. He has gone off "trekking" for three weeks, so maybe after, he can adjust :)
You're right about the black and white, as that is all there is . . . it speaks for itself!
It is colorful too.
God bless, Faith Reaper
Status: Approved.
 ip: 75.120.238.27
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Faith: I didn't focus on the eyes in the picture but I'd be a little bummed out if my eye color was changed too. Eyes are so expressive and the windows of the soul, so I'd want them the right color too. Thanks for the visit.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.165
rose-the planner profile image
rose-the planner 5 months ago from Toronto, Ontario-CanadaLevel 7 Commenter
Seriously, the concept of this poem without actual words is truly fascinating! The use of black and white images seem almost ethereal. Great job! Take care. (Voted up)
Status: Approved.
 ip: 70.51.68.13
Mhatter99 profile image
Mhatter99 5 months ago from San FranciscoLevel 7 Commenter
Brilliant idea. thank you
Status: Approved.
 ip: 99.19.48.235
phdast7 profile image
phdast7 5 months ago from Atlanta, GeorgiaLevel 7 Commenter
suzette - Very compelling and powerful. There really is something about black and white photographs ... they have nuance and suggestibility and atmosphere. I am so glad you did this, but I am also surprised that the HP hasn't pulled this -- I didn't know we could do hubs that were 80-90% images. Really, really intense atmosphere you have created. Sharing. Theresa
Status: Approved.
 ip: 99.62.96.35
tobusiness profile image
tobusiness 5 months ago from bedfordshire, U.KLevel 7 Commenter
Wow!....very creative, it packs a hell of a punch. I love the black and white images, they really give a different perspective.
Status: Approved.
 ip: 92.40.254.118
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Theresa: Thank you so much for reading and viewing this. Why would HP pull this? We do photo essays that are 80-90% images and sometimes 100% images. This is a legitimate way of expressing an idea poetically. A photo is worth a 1000 words. It was something different and I wanted to try it. I was more concerned by how my audience would receive it more than how HP would receive it. Thank you for your comments and they are most appreciated.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.174
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
rose-the planner: Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate your input and your reading and viewing this. The reason was to portray a vacuum or void and the best way to do that for me was they way I wrote it. Thank you!
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.174
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Mhatter: Thank you so much for your comments. They are most appreciated. Coming from a fine poet as you I am pleased.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.174
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Thank you so much, Jo. I appreciate you taking the time to read and view this. Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.174
Theater girl profile image
Theater girl 5 months ago from New JerseyLevel 6 Commenter
Really unique! I think that it is a very different kind of expression of poetry!
Status: Approved.
 ip: 216.194.43.62
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Theater girl: Thank you so much for your comments and I'm glad you read and viewed this. Your input is much appreciated.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.156
phdast7 profile image
phdast7 5 months ago from Atlanta, GeorgiaLevel 7 Commenter
You are right suzette. I guess over the months I have gotten so many warnings from HP about this that, and the other .... while my hubs were under construction -- I somehow got the idea that they frowned on too many pictures. I was just confused apparently -- which actually happens fairly often. :) I have been consciously trying to limit my pictures all this time, when I didn't even have to. Oh well, live and learn. :) This is a great photographic poem. I really do like it. Theresa
Status: Approved.
 ip: 99.62.96.35
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Thanks Theresa. I just tried something totally different. I thought they liked lots of photos in our hubs as I use quite a few even in written articles of mine. The new template they have going now has quite a few photos in it. I can't believe you got warnings while hubs were under construction - that hasn't happened to me .... yet! lol One never knows what the HP gods are thinking. I have always enjoyed your hubs, especially the photos you include. so I don't know why HP is frowning. Anyway, you are a terrific writer and that's ultimately what counts here. Thanks so much for the visit.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.156
 
BlossomSB profile image
BlossomSB 5 months ago from Victoria, AustraliaLevel 7 Commenter
A world where everything is either black or white. I like that, all those shades of grey can be confusing. Rather than 'A Song without Words' it's a Poem without words, or nearly so, and truly a beautiful, creative idea.
Status: Approved.
 ip: 203.219.134.14
Kathryn Stratford profile image
Kathryn Stratford 5 months ago from Boston, MassachusettsLevel 8 Commenter
These are very pretty pictures.
Status: Approved.
 ip: 207.172.223.233
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Hi Blossom: Well, I wanted to somehow indicate a void or a vacuum, and that is why I wrote it the way I did. I have never done anything like this before and I truly had no idea how it would be received. So far, the comments have been good. I doubt though that this will become my poetric 'style'. Thanks so much for reading and viewing this. Your comments are most appreciated.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.155
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Thanks so much Kathryn. I know this poem is different lol Thanks for reading and viewing.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.155
Eiddwen profile image
Eiddwen 5 months ago from WalesLevel 8 Commenter
This is truly wonderful Suzette you are indeed so very talented.
Voting up and sharing.
Here's wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Eddy.
Status: Approved.
 ip: 86.112.105.172
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 5 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Eddy: Thank you so much for your comments about my poetic experiment turned poem. lol I appreciate your input very much. As I started to write this I thought instead of describing a void or vacuum with words why not actually have it in my poem. So that is how this evolved. Thanks for the vote and share. Most appreciated. You have a great weekend too.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.154
suzzycue profile image
suzzycue 4 months ago from Ontario, CanadaLevel 4 Commenter
Interesting poem. It causes one to ponder awhile. I love the photos. I think you just made the new record of the less words for a published hub.
Status: Approved.
 ip: 172.129.246.183
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 4 months ago from Naples, FLHub Author
suzzycue: I tried something different with this poem. I know, it's a whole two lines and nothing in between, but I was trying to make a point. Thank you so much for reading this. I appreciate your comments.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 198.228.228.177
Vellur profile image
Vellur 8 weeks ago from DubaiLevel 7 Commenter
Great poem and wonderful photos to go along with the words. Loved it. Voted up.
Status: Approved.
 ip: 87.200.20.245
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 8 weeks ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Vellur: Thank you so much and I'm glad you enjoyed this.
Status: Visible.
 ip: 166.137.89.169
Nell Rose profile image
Nell Rose 8 weeks ago from EnglandLevel 8 Commenter
Great idea suzette, and so powerful too!
Status: Approved.
 ip: 31.100.251.188
suzettenaples profile image
suzettenaples 8 weeks ago from Naples, FLHub Author
Thanks, Nell. Glad you liked it. It is a bit different!
Status: Visible.
 ip: 166.137.89.148
Gypsy Rose Lee profile image
Gypsy Rose Lee 8 weeks ago from Riga, LatviaLevel 8 Commenter
Love the pics.
Status: Spam.
 ip: 95.68.109.56
    suzettenaples profile image
    Post Comment
    No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your Hubs or other sites.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment